An update from AllianceRx Walgreens Prime regarding COVID-19
April 13, 2020
AllianceRx Walgreens Prime’s main priorities are the patients we serve and the team members who work to provide important and life-saving medications to them. Following is an update from AllianceRx Walgreens Prime pertaining to coronavirus (COVID-19):
Serving our patients
• AllianceRx Walgreens Prime has developed a patient web page outlining important information on COVID-19 and tips for accessing needed medication.
• For fast and easy access to prescription management, we encourage patients to go online. We have expedited the release of digital tools like text and email notifications providing status updates and online self-serve capabilities.
• AllianceRx Walgreens Prime’s clinical programs and counseling to specialty patients are also available online. These programs allow specialty patients to monitor changes in health, especially when they cannot get into the doctor. Our programs are tailored to each disease state and drug. We are available 24/7 by phone or online to answer patient questions about their health and COVID-19.
• Based on a patient’s insurance coverage and prescription status, ordering a prescription through home delivery to get a 90-day supply is quick, easy and shipping is free. Patients may order by visiting alliancerxwp.com/home-delivery or call us at 877-787-3047.
• For specialty patients, our job is to make sure their needs are met with highly personalized care, evidenced by our 93 percent patient satisfaction. Our pharmacists are all specially trained to help support them every step of the way, so they can concentrate on their health. For questions or more information, visit alliancerxwp.com/specialty or call us at 855-244-2555.
Protecting our team members
• Nearly 80 percent of AllianceRx Walgreens Prime team members are working from home, in compliance with boards of pharmacy and work-from-home policies to protect patient privacy. Additionally, we deployed corporate team members to support the demand of operations functions, and newly hired team members are using virtual training and onboarding.
• For team members onsite who dispense and ship prescriptions, AllianceRx Walgreens Prime is taking all possible steps to prevent the potential spread of the virus, including facility zoning, health and temperature screenings, and the use of face masks. By wearing gloves, our fulfillment teams are taking extra precaution when it comes to handling medicine containers and shipping materials.
• AllianceRx Walgreens Prime has waived out-of-pocket costs for telehealth medical consult services through June 30, 2020 and is partnering with our employee assistance program to support mental health and other at-home needs.
• We are following all guidelines set forth by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) for health care facilities when a positive COVID-19 case has been onsite, which includes clearing the area, isolating at-risk individuals, appropriately communicating to team members, and deep cleaning.
Working with payers and other partners
• To help ensure our patients have continued access to needed medications, AllianceRx Walgreens Prime is working with our payer clients to align on refill restrictions like dynamic prior authorizations and advanced refills on specialty prescriptions.
• We continue to work with drug manufacturers and partners to assure we can meet the medication needs of our patients. We use multiple vendors and manufacturers to supply medication which helps reduce risks of shortages. The manufacturers for the top 20 prescriptions for specialty pharmacy are reporting no issues at this time, and we maintain a sufficient inventory of medicine that would be delivered via home delivery.
• For products typically infused in a physician’s office, we are working with manufacturers on ways to enable these treatments to occur in a patient’s home via our subcontracted nursing network, where clinically appropriate/available.
Supporting patient advocacy partners and relief efforts
• AllianceRx Walgreens Prime has partnered with patient advocacy organizations to educate patients about how to protect themselves from COVID-19, especially for patients coping with chronic or rare diseases.
• AllianceRx Walgreens Prime recently co-sponsored a CancerCare webinar entitled “The New Coronavirus: A Guide for People Coping with Cancer”
• Take A Breather Foundation’s webinar called “Cystic Fibrosis and COVID-19: Your Questions, Answered”
Corporate Communications Manager