Extraordinary care, every step of the way.
What’s a specialty prescription?
Specialty medications are prescribed to treat chronic, complex or rare conditions such as cancer, rheumatoid arthritis and hepatitis C. They’re typically different from traditional medications because they:
• Have special storage, temperature and handling requirements
• Are given by infusion, injection or taken orally
• Need to be taken on a strict schedule
• Cost more than regular medications
• Require close patient monitoring and ongoing support
We make it easy.
Specialty pharmacy aims to simplify your treatment journey by:
• Ensuring your medication is shipped to you correctly and on time
• Focusing on your specific treatment needs with our Specialty360 Therapy Teams
• Teaching you how to take and store your medication and stay on schedule
• Helping you understand and manage any possible side effects
• Connecting you to financial assistance options when available
How will my prescriptions be refilled?
- We start the process of filling your prescription as soon as you or your doctor sends us your prescription.
- We’ll reach out to your doctor and insurance company for prior authorization—there’s no need for you to do anything.
- We’ll let you know when your prescription is ready and will set up a shipping date and location that’s convenient for you—your home, doctor’s office, work or nearest Walgreens.
From the minute you start your specialty medication, we’re here for you—every step of the way.